SPAGHETTI SQUASH CHOW MEIN
I have spent over half of my life learning Mandarin, living back and forth in Taiwan while my husband has tons of Thai in him…so we are major Asian food lovers! When we tried this recipe, we thought it would taste healthy. Instead, it FELT healthy but tasted ADDICTING!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos OR liquid aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (may also use honey or stevia)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks organic celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups organic cole slaw mix (or 1 cup organic shredded cabbage, 1 cup organic shredded carrots)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Cut a spaghetti squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Lay skin side up in a 13 x 9 pyrex and pour 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until flesh is very tender. Once done, scoop out the flesh with a fork so it breaks apart into strings, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, garlic, coconut sugar, ginger and black pepper; save for later.
- Heat olive or avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and organic celery, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in organic cole slaw mix (organic cabbage and organic carrot) until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spaghetti squash and sauce mixture until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and experience the YUM!